WHAT IS A PHISHING SCAM?
Phishing is a fraudulent attempt by a third party to steal your personal information, usually made through email, or text messages.
STEPS TO AVOID BEING A VICTIM OF A PHISHING ATTACK:
- Delete spam emails immediately. Even a request to remove your email address from the mailing list will confirm to the fraudsters that your email account is active, and could open you up to more attacks
- Never open an email attachment unless you know who sent the message
- Use the latest browsers which come with filters that alert you when you visit a website that contains potentially unsafe website
- Never navigate to our site using a link from an email – always type in the address (www.pollenfinance.co.za)
- Never reply to these emails, and don’t click on any links